24/7 MOMS

Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Miss Malibu............

It’s been one week and I am still dreaming of being back in Canada at Young Life’s Malibu camp. After spending 7 days as one of the camp leaders - I admit life as a MOM has many more demands.


While at Malibu I did not have to prepare meals, I did not have to wash dishes, I only had to make one bed (mine), there were no To Do lists, no technology (except our hidden IHOME), no driving kids from place to place (there are no cars at Malibu), instead I spent my week with my daughter Shelby and her amazing friends along with 300+ campers.


We had fun from sun up to sun down, the weather was spectacular, shorts and tank tops for the entire week and we made lots of great memories.

It was truly an honor to be part of these amazing young ladies lives for 7 unforgettable days in Malibu.

I admire each one of them and their heart to know God in a bigger way, the way they encouraged one another whether it was during the ropes course or a heart to heart discussion during cabin time.

I miss my early mornings sitting on the dock having my own quiet time just me and God, I miss sitting at the sand volley ball court in the amazing sunshine, I miss the yummy banana fudge ice cream and I miss our nightly chats.

Young Life camps are incredible life experiences that I would encourage every parent to send their teenager to – www.younglife.org , put it on your to do next summer list and be sure to sign-up your teen to attend one. The number one response I hear from past campers is “It was the best week of my entire life”.

So, one week later I am back to reality, laundry to wash, meals to plan, house to clean, kids schedules to keep, the un-ending to do list, technology working overtime but the best part of reality is being home with my entire family once again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home