24/7 MOMS

Thursday, August 14, 2008

When MOM is away......

Where do I even begin.......I was only trying to take the day and spend it with my two teen daughters, you know some bonding shopping time.

So off we went for the day and left behind Dad #1 Son and the two little boys. How much trouble could they get in right?

After a fun long day of shopping with my daughters, we arrived home to discover what boys do when Mom is away - Their day consisted of eating lunch out and a trip to the zo, not so bad but then the real discovery was when my two little boys appeared at the front door with new haircuts.

I don’t recall requesting anyone to give my two adorable sweet boys new hair style. But leave it to Dad and #1 Son to do just that. Not only give them haircuts but also create a You Tube out of one of their hair cutting sessions.

So, now you might be saying what is the big deal? or how sweet of your hubby to take care of cutting the boys hair while you were out…… WRONG....My adorable boys received Mohawks yes I said Mohawks and I guess it wouldn’t be so bad except I had planned on getting Caleb's picture taken which his appointment has now been cancelled..NOPE I did not need a permanent reminder of the Mohawk wearing 8 year old in my life.

My little boys were very proud of their new hair styles and after I vented a bit, Caleb said “oh, Mom just go with the flow”. What a reminder to me that what is the big deal they are just little boys who wanted to be creative and have some fun with crazy hair styles and Dad and #1 Son agreed to the fun.

So mom, go with the flow and allow your little ones some creativity even if it means Mohawks for a couple of weeks. I promise you get over the many stares and odd looks you get as you walk through the isles of Target with your Mohawk styling kids.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok - I didn't know he gave them REAL mohawk's! I thought he just used a little product and spike it up - LOL! Only your husband!
Lori

August 14, 2008 at 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow !
Well it only hair and it will grow back. Looks like son & dad had some binding time of their own.
Your son had great curly hair though I can see here you would be upset. Just think you will look back on this and laugh. When you son grows up and has kids they will do something crazy and you can say, well rememeber....

August 15, 2008 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger momisbestjob said...

Of course! Leave it to Steve to do something like that! At least he did do it outside!

August 25, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home