24/7 MOMS

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Free Encouragement, Online in Time For Resolutions



Amy Hannold, 247Moms.com Frugal Living Editor

I haven’t heard much talk of New Year’s resolutions yet, but it will start soon. Media of all forms and our inboxes will be full of ways to keep our resolutions. You can find encouragement, online and for free here:


Libraries: Priceless (Free) Treasures of Your Community

When you hear of a book or an author being advertised, jot it down. Visit your local library to request that book. While you’re there, familiarize yourself with the other freebies available. For instance, with a library card from our community, we can access Consumer Reports online, free of charge.


Encouragement For Today: One of my favorite emails to read every day, (after 247moms.com of course), is my daily Encouragement For Today from Crosswalk.com. Bible study tools, devotionals, and articles on many subjects are available.


Free Bible Study Tools by Text, Phone and/or Email:

Visit http://www.mybibletool.com/tools. Free of charge, you can receive a daily audio phone call or text from the bible. Another great feature is the “Nudge” where you can select a topic you want to receive 5 emails a week about. Authors and everyday people are writing on the topic of your interest or study. As the website says, “It might be encouragement, it might be a challenge” for your life and walk with God.


Live an Intentional Life – Tools and a Timely Blog:

One of my favorite segments on our local Christian radio station is the segments from The Intentional Life. Visit their blog for insight on many topics: http://www.theintentionallife.com/blog.asp?id=251


43 Things: Join the 27,000+ people who have signed on and help one another with New Years Resolutions. Get support and advice from people who have done what you want to do, or are on the journey to the goal as well. Visit: 43Things.com.


YouTube: Your 24-Hour, Sight and Sound Instructional Goldmine

One of my resolutions for 2011 is to learn how to knit. I’ve bought the books (and then sold them at my yard sale) – but I can’t learn alone in a one-dimensional way. I have to be told and shown – and repeat that process time and again. So, I began my “Learn to Knit” resolution with a visit to YouTube. Aha! This group will show me till I give up, and I won’t feel like such a dummy in the privacy of my own living room.


What do you want to learn? It’s there waiting! Good luck, and share with us your sources of encouragement…..

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home