MUST KNOW - Summer Safety Tips
from Safe Kids
1. Safe Kids can always talk to their parents or another trusted adult about anything.
2. Safe Kids always "Check First."
3. Safe Kids know how to dial 9-1-1 in an emergency.
4. Safe Kids never talk to anyone they don't know well.
5. Safe Kids always use the "Buddy System."
6. Safe Kids say "No!" to anyone who tries to touch them in a way that makes them uncomfortable. Then they tell their parents or another trusted grown-up right away.
7. Safe Kids never open the door for anyone but a trusted friend or relative.
8. Safe Kids always tell their parents or another trusted adult if anyone asks them to keep a secret.
9. Safe Kids always follow their Family Safety Plan of Action.
10. Safe Kids know their parents would never send someone they don't know well to pick them up.
Additional Safety TIPS -
- When out and about with Toddlers and pre-schoolers write your cell number in your child’s shoe or their hand and teach them that is where it is in case they get lost.
- Teach your children your cell number, knowing their home number does not help if you are NOT home.
- Kid ID tattoos- www.spotmeid.com and www.Mypreciouskid.com.
- Place ID Bracelets or dog tags on your children that you have engraved with their information on it. ( Walmart has make your own ID Tag machines)
- Give your children Cell phones that you can buy minutes for to use while you are out and about if lost.
- Have kids keep a Walkie Talkies on them while playing around the neighborhood.
- Update your car kit kit with eye drops (for swimming), tweezers, band aids, aloe vera, sun screen, benedryl and tylenol, etc.
- More Safe kid information at www.safetykidsclub.com
Have a SAFE and FUN Summer.