24/7 MOMS

Monday, September 5, 2011

Why We Celebrate Labor Day

When I asked my children if they knew why we celebrate Labor Day - My youngest responded with "Pretty sure it has something to do with being in labor, you know being pregnant."  I realized quickly I was in need of explaining the real meaning of why we celebrate Labor Day.

 The question is How did Labor day come about and what does it mean?   I found the below information on the U.S.Department of Labor website.


Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. 

Click here for more Labor day facts and information from the U.S. Department of Labor.



FUN: Create Fun Labor Day celebrations and recipes with some of the ideas we found over at Purple Trail. Click here to go there now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home