24/7 MOMS

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First Things First - Kurt and Brenda Warner

"Mom why are you reading about Kurt Warner" was the question that came out of my 9 years old sons mouth -  I had no idea he even knew who Kurt Warner was  I replied with "do you know who he is?".  His giggling response was
"Yes, he is the quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals." He was correct and now I had the opportunity to explain to him why I was reading a book about a football player he obviously keeps up on.

I was in the process of reading First Things First by Kurt and Brenda Warner a book not about Kurts successful football career but about his success in putting family first - the day to day life of raising 7 kids and how family, faith, and giving to others— their family motto,  drives everything they do.   Kurt and Brenda write openly about their marriage, the values they are working to instill in their kids, things they’ve done right, mistakes they’ve made, the importance of giving back, and the legacy they hope to leave behind along with the family rules they live by.

I have recently read several books about various families, their values and how they manage their families and homes - this book by far related to me in our family philosophy, the rules we attempt to instill in our own children, the mission of our family and the craziness of raising a large family.  From faith to family our goal has been to teach our kids the priority of God, Family and others and as one reads First Things First there is no doubt you will be inspired in your parenting journey as the Warners share real life ups and downs along their journey.






Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alisha said...

I love them!! I have read about them, interviews and such, but I'd love to read this book!!

July 26, 2011 at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home