24/7 MOMS

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Birthday Party In A Pantry

       
Many of us have gift closets where we buy various gifts ahead and place them on the shelves to be given at upcoming parties and occasions. Several years ago I began what you could call a Party Closet.

I began saving the left over party supplies from my kids birthdays and purchasing supplies ahead of time on clearance. My Party Closet has saved me oodles of money each year as I celebrate my children's birthdays.

* if you don't have closet space you can also use a large storage container with lid that can easily be stored in your garage, bedroom closet shelf etc.

Stock your own Party Closet with:

Balloons
Curling ribbon
Table cloths - both plastic and cloth
Party confetti
Crepe' paper
Party hats
Party horns
Party CD's
Birthday Flag ( to hang outside your home)
Birthday candles
Stick lighter
Special Birthday plate
Leftover or purchased on sale: Party plates, cups and napkins, Party centerpieces, cake topper decorations.
Generic Party favors: crayons, sidewalk chalk, glow sticks, bubbles, play-doh etc.
Party games: pin the tail supplies, pinate blind fold, scavenger hunt lists etc.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

We do this too! We keep it in a tub aka "The Party Box" in the garage. I can't stand to waste anything so I started doing this when my oldest was little. (She's now a teen.) Over the years I added supplies I got on clearance, etc. It has been such a help both on the budget & for those last minute party needs. A bonus is if you want to have an impromptu party you are already set! We used some recently to decorate our van to drive our birthday boy to & from camp. He LOVED it!

July 19, 2011 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger mail4rosey said...

Excellent idea. I have a gift closet, and a semi-party closet...but going full out makes a lot of sense considering how expensive decorations are at the last minute.

July 19, 2011 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home