10 Easy Things To Do With Yogurt
|7. Grilled Chicken Curry
3. Tangy Salad Dressing: Blend 1 cup yogurt with 3 Tbsp fresh herbs (like basil, chives, and tarragon), 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, ½ tsp salt, and pepper to taste. Serve over your favorite greens.
4. Pancakes: Blend 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp salt, 1 egg, 1 cup yogurt, 2 Tbsp oil, and 1 banana. Ladle out ¼ cup per pancake; fry.
5. Cornmeal-Crusted Flounder: Marinate 1 lb of fillets in 1 cup yogurt, 1 tsp hot sauce, ¼ tsp cayenne, and ½ tsp herbes de Provence. Roll in cornmeal; fry.
6. Savory Spinach Tart (pictured below): Whisk 6 eggs, 2 cups Greek yogurt, 1½ cups shredded Jarlsberg cheese, 2 chopped scallions, 1 cup thawed frozen spinach, 2 Tbsp fresh chopped dill, salt, and pepper. Pour into an unbaked pie shell and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes, or until filling is set.
7. Grilled Chicken Curry (pictured right): Combine 1 cup yogurt, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, 4 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp ground turmeric, and 1 (2-inch) piece peeled, grated ginger. Marinate 1 lb chicken tenders for 3 hours. Grill on medium 15–20 minutese, turning occasionally. Top with fresh cilantro.
8. Dreamy Fruit Dip: Combine 1 cup Greek yogurt, 3 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest. Serve with strawberries, melon wedges, and mango slices.
9. Spicy Dipping Sauce for Chicken: Combine 1 cup yogurt, 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp honey, and 2 minced garlic cloves. Blend in 3 Tbsp white-wine vinegar.
10. Melon Smoothie for Two: Blend 4 ice cubes, 1 cup vanilla yogurt, 1 cup cantaloupe, 1 cup
honeydew, 1/8 tsp ginger, and 1 tsp lemon juice.
Labels: Meal Time