24/7 MOMS

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The YES Challenge


Do you ever feel like all you do is tell your kids "NO" 

No you can't have another snack.
No you can't watch anymore TV.
No you can't stay up longer it’s a school night.
No I can't read you another chapter in the book.
No you cant play first you have to do your homework.
We even often say no to them when they ask to help us clean.
No No No No No……

If you are feeling as if you are the NO mom then this week I want to challenge you to be the YES mom to one of these ideas:

1. Who wants ice cream?  Or dessert?

2. Do you want me to read another chapter before I turn out the lights?

3. Want to help me make dinner? Bake cookies? Make Jell-o?

4.  Tonight you can stay up 5 minutes longer

5. Can you help me fold this pile of clothes? Or dust the furniture

6. Do you want to play a game?

7. YES! try to say YES at least once a day to your kids - YES!! Remember it doesn’t have to be anything big or what goes against your rules but see if there is an area you are always saying NO to that a YES might just be what you kids needs to hear you say


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home