24/7 MOMS

Sunday, June 5, 2011

"Mom- I'm only little once, soon I'll be all grown-up"

Emma and Savannah who are now 17
 When I hear my youngest say to me "Mom, I'm only little once and soon I'll be all grown up" my heart melts to his every request from tickling his back, making one more box of Jell-O together to even reading an extra chapter to him at bedtime.  After 5 kids you realize "the days are long but the years are short" So enjoy the little moments with your children even the moments of buckling a child into their car seat, carrying them up the stairs to bed, cutting up their food or giving them one more push on the swing soon they won't need or ask for your help.

As you travel the mom journey and enter each new stage of motherhood remind yourself this is only temporary take time to enjoy it you will miss the clutter of toys, the noise of laughter, the many begging requests even the finger prints on the walls.

Soon you will be asking yourself where did the years go how did my little one go from 2 to 22 - Mom it's true they are little only once and soon they will be all grown up so let your heart melt and read one more chapter tonight, make one more box of Jello-O and tickle that little person back just a little longer today.


Here is a great song to remind us to  "Let Them Be Little"  by Billy Dean

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a really sweet post! I try to savor every moment. My grandmother always said, "Don't wish your life away," and I've always taken to heart to enjoy the hear and now. Thanks for giving me another reminder!

June 5, 2011 at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home