Clean Your House In 15 Minutes a Day!
Here’s a solution for those who love a clean house, but dread cleaning day…SKIP CLEANING DAY and start a HOUSE CLEANING SCHEDULE!
Instead of planning a marathon day of cleaning every week or two, start setting aside 15 minutes a day for cleaning. Even better…delegate some of your cleaning chores to your children! I’ll be happy to teach you how to make a chore chart!
Doesn’t 15 minutes a day sound better than spending half your Saturday cleaning or going crazy the day of your party to make the house look perfect? The key is to make a house cleaning schedule, so that every room in your house will be cleaned every 2 weeks.
If you tackle one room each day or one task each day, you’ll never feel like a maid again! Here’s a suggested house cleaning schedule to get you started, just customize it for your house and let the cleaning begin!
- Monday: run the dust mop under all furniture, beds, etc.
- Tuesday: vacuum downstairs
- Wednesday: vacuum upstairs
- Thursday: mop kitchen, bathroom and foyer
- Friday: clean 1 bathroom (the tub, the shower, the toilet, the sink, the counters)
- Saturday: clean 1 bathroom (the tub, the shower, the toilet, the sink, the counters)
- Monday: vacuum high traffic areas (high traffic areas usually need to be vacuumed once a week)
- Tuesday: dust living room, den and dining room (don’t forget to dust the baseboards and blinds or shutters)
- Wednesday: dust bedrooms (don’t forget the baseboards, blinds or shutters)
- Thursday: extra job (this is a cleaning job that only needs to be done every once and a while like dusting ceiling fans or cleaning out the refrigerator)
- Friday: clean kitchen (the stove, the sink, dust, clean counters)
- Saturday: sweep porch and wipe off porch furniture
(It’s a diet for your wallet, not your waistline!)
Kristl is the CEO of the family and also the maid, the cook, the coupon queen and yes, the bargain shopper. Kristl is not a financial planner or an accountant – just a mom that knows how to live life on a budget. For more money saving tips, visit TheBudgetDiet.com.