24/7 MOMS

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Souper Sunday - Potatoe Soup


24/7 MOM Cynthia Shern
barksandbones.blogspot.com

I cheat.... I buy those ham cubes from meat Dept. My Mother always used Ham left over from large family get togethers. I think waxy potatoes (red, Yukon Gold, or Organic Purple) make better soup, too.


IN A STOCK POT:
6 Larger Red Potatoes quartered
1 stick of butter
One Package already cubed Ham (we love ham ... so I get the biggest one they have)
Large Sweet onion (Vadalia is my Favorite)
Fresh Thyme About 2 T. leaves
I always grate a few mini carrots just for color
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon Maggi seaoning

You add a stick of butter just until melted before you blend it up.
Add water just to top of contents. Boil until potatoes are tender and water has reduced some. Blend everything smooth in your blender and return to pot. Add a pint of your favorite MILK.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home