2 FUN Invasion of the Aliens Cupcakes
Awesome Alien Cupcakes
from : Betty Crocker
|1||box (18.25 oz) Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food or yellow cake mix|
| ||Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box|
|6||cups Kix® cereal|
|3||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|4||cups miniature marshmallows|
|1/4||teaspoon orange neon gel or paste food color (from 2.7-oz tube)|
|48||gummy peach ring candies (from three 4.25-oz bags)|
|48||candy-coated chocolate candies|
| ||Black decorating gel (from 0.68-oz tube)|
|48||thin pretzel sticks|
|20||drops green food color|
|1||container (12 ounce) Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting|
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, using water, oil and eggs. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. In large bowl, place cereal.
- In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows; stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in orange food color. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal in bowl, stirring until well coated.
- For feet, place 2 gummy candies on cookie sheet. Spray inside of 1/4-cup measuring cup with cooking spray. For body, fill measuring cup with warm cereal mixture; place over feet, releasing cereal mixture and covering back half of feet. Repeat with remaining gummy candies and cereal mixture to make 24 aliens. Use 2 candy-coated chocolate candies for eyes and black decorating gel to make centers of eyes. Insert 2 pretzels for antennae.
- Stir green food color into frosting container; frost cupcakes with frosting. Place 1 alien on top of each cupcake; press gently to secure. Store uncovered at room temperature.
Toy Story Green Alien Cupcakes
from : Family Fun
- Cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- White frosting, store-bought or from your favorite recipe
- Neon green food coloring
- Mint-flavored chewable candies (found packaged in rolls)
- Green apple sour belts
- Green apple sour straws, cut into 2" pieces
- Black decorator gel icing
- Kitchen shears, or a small leaf shaped fondant cutter
1. First, mix up a batch of alien green icing by adding few drops of neon green food coloring to your favorite white icing.
2. Prepare your aliens' ears. Cut ears, shaped like teardrops, from green apple belts. A pair of kitchen shears works well, or use a small leaf shaped fondant cutter. You will need 2 ears for each cupcake.
3. Frost cupcakes and insert a 2" sour straw antenna. Press your ears into the sides of the cupcake.
4. Line up three mint-flavored, chewable candies as eyes, and dot with black gel icing for pupils.
5. Give your aliens an awed expression by drawing on a circle for a mouth with black gel icing.