24/7 MOMS

Sunday, October 24, 2010

We Cannot Do It Alone


by: Jeanie Cullip
24/7 MOMS Inspiration Editor


The last couple weeks our Pastor has completed a
sermon series on the one anothers

One another appears in the New Testament 36 times! Be devoted to one another, honor one another, stop passing judgment on one another, accept one another, instruct one another,greet one another, agree with one another, serve one another, be kind and compassionate to one another, forgive one another, teach and admonish one another, encourage one another, encourage one another daily, spur one another on toward love and good works, do not slander one another, offer hospitality to one another, clothe yourselves in humility toward one another, have fellowship with one another, talking with one another, asked one another, said to one another, stared at one another, accept praise from one another, discuss with one another … There are still 8 more! I know when I repeat things over and over to my children I am serious and I want them to learn what I am saying... Jesus is trying to tell us something here.

Love One Another being the key one another. For we cannot do any of the others without it.
In fact in John 13:34-35 Jesus last minutes with His disciples and the only time that Jesus commands His disciples to do something is here and that commandment is to Love One Another. Love One Another appears in the in the New Testament 10 times. Are we seeking the highest good for our brothers, sisters and others?

The second most used one another is greet one another with a holy kiss. This weeks sermon touched me the most when our Pastor stated that meeting with others in worship is NOT about you. It is about you worshiping God. Giving Him all glory and honor and praise. However it does not stop there, you are to meet with your church family THEY are depending on you.

We cannot complete any of these one anothers alone! If we are not in community with others we cannot put these one anothers in practice or in good use.

I am an introvert. I am energized by being alone and there are times that my energy can be drained by being around other people. Up until this summer I have spent most of my best times by myself. Up until this summer I used my depression as a crutch, secluded myself from others and enjoyed energizing myself. Some days I succeeded very well, however most days I failed. I would fail myself to a dark seclusion that did not allow me out of bed some days.

This came to a screeching halt one evening this summer when I had a massive anxiety attack that put me in the hospital. I never saw that my anxiety and worry was a medical issue. My doctors and I always focused on my depression which was caused by an imbalance of hormones that my brain was/ was not producing. My anxiety attack was a blessing in disguise. My doctors and I are now focused on the right things for the right treatment. I have been on the right track for over 3 months now and I must say that I feel like I am a completely different person than I ever have been.

Unexplainable things have been in my mind since I can remember. Over the last few months those things are gone. Things that would trigger uncontrollable emotions of anger, sadness, abandonment, etc... Things that would trigger me to hold onto things so tightly I could not hold onto anything else. I could not allow anyone else into my life. I tried. I knew that I needed to let others in, I knew that I needed to break these walls that I hav
e built up so high that I believed that were protecting me. Without my knowledge I was pushing all of them away.. including the relationships with my family and my friends that I was trying so hard to hold onto. I was holding on so tightly I was not allowing them to breathe and leaving me was the only way out from my grip. All have not left me behind however my relationships with others have been very mild and surfaced. I allowed very few behind my walls.

Deuteronomy 31:8 states The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. The good news is that He has never let me go! I am so very thankful for this.

I am still an introvert, however I now want to build these relationships God has placed in my life. Since this summer and this sermon series I have a deep passion and desire to be with others. I know that with Him I can practice these one anothers that He has given us. I have started a deeper relationship with my Jesus, my husband, my children, my mother, my brother, my church family and all those around me. I have been able to begin letting go of the things that I held so tightly to which has allowed me to begin to hold onto to so much more including launching a Mom’s LifeGroup! (God has a sense of humor doesn't he.. creating an introvert to start a Mom’s LifeGroup... well I guess it sounds just as silly as one who battles with depression and anxiety to be founder of Soccer Mom in Giggle Town and the Inspiration Editor of 24/7 Moms)


So I ask that you Bear with me as I begin to submit to one another pull myself out of my home so that I may begin to love one another, speak to you in psalms and praise so that we may all live in Harmony with one another.. watch out I may even greet you with a holy kiss!

Blessings & Giggles to you & yours,


Stay- at- Home Mommy & Writer

Jeanie Cullip is a happily married, stay-at-home mommy of 3 children of her own and 2 step-children. Finding joy, love & hope right in her own back yard and sharing it with her neighbors near and far. In love with Jesus, loves to giggle & loves to drink coffee. She is a freelance writer residing in Gig Harbor. Find out more at Cup of Joe with Jeanie for questions and comments please e-mail her at cupofjoewithjeanie@yahoo.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home