Take 7 - FREE Summer Fun
FREE things to do with your kids this Summer
Discover this Summer what fun you can have for FREE with this weeks Take 7 Challenge.
1. REI Passport to Adventure- Show kids how rewarding it can be to spend time in the outdoors. That's what the REI Passport to Adventure program is all about. Designed for kids aged 5-12, it's a fun way to connect them to the natural world and start them on a lifetime of outdoor recreation and stewardship. Kids earn a FREE prize when they complete activities.
Click here for details. http://www.rei.com/passport
2. Freebie MOVIES all summer long -Free Movies at Regal Cinemas Family Fun festival.
When school’s out, kids around the country visit selected Regal theatres for the Free Family Film Festival. It’s a fun-filled nine weeks of movies for kids and parents. Since 1991, Regal has provided this service to the community, and best of all it’s FREE!
|Selected G & PG movies start at 10AM each Tuesday and Wednesday during the festival. First-come, first-served seating is limited to theatre capacity. The Free Family Film Festival is safe, lots of fun and a great way for kids to spend a weekday morning in the summer. |
|Tickets for our 2009 Free Family Film Festival are exclusively available at select theatres’ box office on the day of the show. Click Here to find a theatre in your area.|
Almost FREE movies - AMC Movies Theatres is offering $1.00 Movies
3. Freebie Bowling - Kids Bowl Free all summer long. Get 2 free games of bowling every week at participating Bowling Alleys. Click here to sign-up and find blowing centers near you . www.kidsbowlfree.com
4. Free Museum Days - Target has a great list of FREE Museum entrance and discounts click here.
5. Free Days at National Parks - - d more than 100 National Parks that normally charge an entrance fee will waive their fees this Summer July 8-19 ( which is my Birthday weekend) and August 15-16.
And to make the fun even more affordable, many national park concessionaires are joining the National Park Service in welcoming visitors on this summer’s fee free weekends with the their own special offers.
Here’s a tip – many national parks never charge an entrance fee, so you can plan inexpensive visits year round!
6. BOGO free Tickets to Minor League Baseball games - Bring a KRAFT singles package wrapper to the ballpark box office for a steal of a deal. Buy one get one free tickets to participating games. Click here to find the participating team in your area. http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/events/kraft_landing.jsp
7. Freebie reading programs
Half Price Books:
Keep your kids appetite for reading all Summer long with Half Price Books Feed your Brain Summer reading program. From June 1 - July 31, 2009 Kids ages 12 and under can earn a $3 Half Price books shopping card for each week they rad at least 15 minutes per day!
Simple Steps to Participate:
1. Get a Feed Your Brain reading log at your local Half Price Books..
2. Check off each day you read for 15 minutes or more.
3. Fill out your reading log, and have your parent or guardian sign it.
4. Bring your completed and signed log to your local Half Price Books.
5. Get a Feed Your Brain Reading Reward:
$3 Shopping Card good at all Half Price Books locations.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 every week through Friday, July 31, 2009.
Mon, June 1 - Fri, July 31, 2009.
Click here to find a Half Price Books location near you.
Barnes and Noble Books:
Here's How It Works:
1. Kids read any eight (8) books of their own choosing.
Chuck E. Cheese Kids Rewards Calendars
2. Kids use the Summer Reading Journal to tell us their favorite part of each book. A parent/guardian signs the journal when it's complete. You can also get a Spanish-language Reading Journal.
3. Children bring their completed Reading Journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 26th & September 7th, 2009.
4. We'll give them a coupon for a FREE book! They choose from a list of exceptional paperback titles.*
* Eligible books will be listed on the coupon. Choices must be made from available stock. No special orders. Limit of one (1) form per school-age child (grades 1-6), please. Incomplete forms will be ineligible for free books.
Looking for a fun way to reward your kids for their accomplishments? Download and print free reward calendars to help your kids develop in areas that are some of the most common challenges of parenting.
- Download and print out the calendar
- Mark the days off with a pen or sticker as your child accomplishes their goals
- Bring it in completed to Chuck E. Cheese's and receive 10 free tokens as a reward
BOOKWORM WEDNESDAYS - Every Wednesday at 10:00 am beginning July 8th for six weeks. A fun and rewarding summer reading program developed to encourage young children to read during the summer months. BOOKWORM WEDNESDAYS entitles kids to free admission to a select children's film when they present a book report at a participating Showcase Cinemas, Multiplex Cinemas or Cinema de Lux box office. Accompanying parents or guardians and children under six receive free admission and do not need to submit a book report.
Pottery Barn Kids - Book Club
Kids of all ages are invited to join the Pottery Barn Kids story time every Tuesday 11:00am to 11:30am. Members receive an official Book Club Card at their first story time, and a special gift after attending five story times.
To locate a store near you click here.
Borders Summer reading Challenge
Here's how it works:
- Kids 12 and under read any 8 books.
- List the books you've read on the Reading Challenge Worksheet. Have a parent/guardian sign the completed worksheet.
- Bring your completed worksheet to any Borders or Waldenbooks store between May 26 and August 31 to save 50% or more on selected items.
Library Reading Programs: Check with your local Library for their summer reading programs. check out www.summerreading.org for great resources.