24/7 MOMS

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Time Waster Time Saver Thursdays





Step into my office and take a look at my bookcase. You might begin wondering WHY I have rows of binders. They are the secret to my paper organization.





Time Waster: Do you have piles of loose papers such as recipes, magazine ideas, school letters/papers, holiday ideas, house decorating ideas, travel papers, etc.?






Time Saver: Create information binders for the various subjects of the piles of paper that need to be organized.
Some ideas are:


Kid's Binder: Sections for weekly teacher letters, upcoming field trip information, sports team lists, PTA notes, various information papers and letters from your children's activities, school directories , etc.

Christmas Binder: Sections for gift lists, holiday cards you have received and sent, holiday recipes, meal plans, decorating ideas, gift ideas, etc.

Meal Planning Binder: Sections for recipes, meal ideas, meal plan/calendar, shopping lists, coupons, etc.

Home Decorating Binder: Sections for each room of the house, to-do lists, ideas, paint samples, places to shop, etc.

What papers do you need to bring organization to? Create an information binder for them!

Using binders not only organizes your piles of papers, it also creates a simple place to find information you need.

Do you have an information binder? Comment and share your binder ideas with the 24/7 MOMS

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Love these tips.
I am so going to do this over the weekend.

I desperately need a binder for recipes, kid projects now that my little one is going to daycare & for Christmas.

Thanks for the tip!

May 9, 2008 at 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a couple of binders waiting to be put together. One is for recipes, and one is for ideas on fun or creative things to do. I just need to actually put them together.

May 9, 2008 at 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep a restaurant menu/restaurant coupon binder alphabetized by restaurant name. Helps cut down the clutter of all the coupons. If I want to place a to-go order I have the menu handy. Also convenient to take in the car for the lets go out to eat while we are away spur of the moment trips.

November 8, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home