24/7 MOMS

Monday, May 5, 2008

Let's Make a Meal Mondays



Dinner Time – are the words my family loves to hear. It often sounds like a stampede as they race for the dinner table. And, if they haven't already asked me earlier the first thing out of their mouths is “What’s for dinner?”

So what’s for dinner at your house this week? Comment and share your yummy dinner plans.


This week's “Let’s Make a Meal Mondays” recipe comes from the:


Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook
by Dawn J Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good





Super Easy Chicken

4 frozen chicken-breast halves
1 pkg. dry Italian dressing mix
1 cup warm water or chicken stock

Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with dressing mix. Pour water over chicken.
Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours.

Our cookbook winner from last week is: Shirley

Watch for MORE cookbook contests!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That chicken dish sounds delish! I made some chicken in the crockpot tonight, too. I just threw in some thighs and drumsticks and a bottle of sweet and sour sauce...everyone loved it. Gotta love the crockpot.

May 5, 2008 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

we have that cookbook too! i made the teriyaki chicken in it but i caution against this one. it was VERY salty. a low sodium teriyaki sauce may not even allow for it to be low enough in salt for me.

May 5, 2008 at 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of myself that I have a meal plan this week. Tonight we had Steak w/ roasted red potatoes & asparagus, Tues: Roastbeef Hoagies, Wed: (eating out), Thursday: Taco Salad Friday: Parmesan Chicken (freezer meal) Sat: leftovers & Sunday: hopefully hubby will be cooking (and cleaning up :)

May 5, 2008 at 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be having a delayed "Cinco de Mayo" meal of chicken tacos..on May 6. I'm also using up leftover cottage cheese and pie crust with an online recipe I found for Cottage Cheese Pie. We'll see how that goes. I posted my menu plan for the week here:

http://topaztook.livejournal.com/131705.html

May 5, 2008 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

We just had this tonight and it was AMAZING! I didn't have time for low setting so I cooked it on high for 4-5 hours and it was perfect!!! Certainly will be a family fav!

May 14, 2008 at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home