24/7 MOMS

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Trisha's Friday Favorites

It's FRIDAY again...Can you believe it? Is it just me or is 2008 already flying by?

I have 5 Friday Favorites to share with you - What are your Friday Favorites leave us a comment and tell us.





My Favorite Blog of the week:
Julie Barnhill author, speaker and MOM, has a blog titled “One Tough Mother”. She shares from her heart on mothering in a very humorous and practical way. She reminds us to be STRONG and be the MOM. I think you will agree with me that she is a REAL mom who tells it like it is.

http://www.onetoughmothertalk.blogspot.com/


Are you a blogger? Share your blog address with us




My Favorite Children’s Book of the week:

Curious George books are my favorite story books. I grew up reading about George’s wild monkey adventures and have enjoyed reading them to my children over the last 18 years. Could this be why my children are so mischievous?

Even my cell phone ring is a song for the Curious George movie – am I a dedicated fan or what?

What is your favorite children’s storybook?







My Favorite Candy of the Week:
Have you figured out by now that I am a SUGAR girl who loves candy, ice cream and cupcakes, all of which come in chocolate if I need a fix?

I discovered a new chocolate candy called “Hershey’s Bliss” – the milk chocolate is so smooth and creamy I can’t just eat 1 or 2 or 3. Okay, maybe I can stop at 5. This new product from Hershey is absolutely delicious.

I purchased mine at Target - they are small bite-sized pieces sold with the bagged candy.

They are addictive.


What is your favorite candy?





My Favorite Music of the Week:
I am a huge fan of Casting Crowns –. I have so many favorite songs that I could not possibly choose just one.

The words to their songs are inspiring and amazing; the beat to their music is just perfect; and I can listen to their CDs over and over again until I drive my family crazy.

This week I heard on the radio that they will be playing in September at our State Fair here in Washington. So, I have now begun hinting to hubby “ PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE” buy us tickets… front row would be preferable, but probably not affordable.
http://www.casting/ crowns.com

Who is your favorite band or artist?





My Favorite Lunch of the Week:
My favorite lunch this week was with my friend Valerie. We have this weekly Wednesday lunching habit at Panera Bread. We both enjoy their yummy soup, salad and sandwiches, but the best part is the conversation – we share our week with each other, sharing the good, the bad, the happy, the sad, but most of all we share what God is doing in our lives.

We have been doing a book study called “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God”, by Lysa TerKeurst. It truly has been a time of stretching and growing in my faith. Thanks, Val, for being a great listener.

Are you interested in doing a BLOG book club? Sorry, no Panera will be served, but the conversation will be meaningful.


See you NEXT Friday for MORE favorites









Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

http://experiencingeachmoment.blogspot.com/

Great post! A book club would be fun!

April 18, 2008 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger The Via Colony said...

I love reading your favorites=) My blog is www.tashavia.blogspot.com My husband and I travel around leading worship for different churches and my blog is about being on the road as a family doing ministry together with 2 toddlers.

April 18, 2008 at 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trisha, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Casting Crowns. My hubbie and I went on a date when they were in Redmond in October and it is by far the best thing I have ever done for a night out. It was the greatest concert and I too plan to be there at the fair!

Kim D.

April 18, 2008 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger The Via Colony said...

Trisha, I just e-mailed you info about our CD. Let me know if you don't get it. E-mails been crazy this week=) Have a great weekend!

April 19, 2008 at 7:36 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I too love Casting Crowns. And you'll be jealous when you hear this--I was selected to have a Hershey Bliss House Party from www.houseparty.com!
They just sent me a case FULL of chocolate--plus note pads, pens, gift bags, etc. I have to start planning, I have to have the party this week!

http://melissaparcel.blogspot.com

Melissa

April 19, 2008 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I am a blogger too!

www.dhjcarpenter.blogspot.com

~Heather C.
Sumner MOPS group

April 20, 2008 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I love so many books that it would be hard to choose my favorite kids one. But right now we are reading Little House series and it's great. I love any really good dark chocolate. Mmmmm! And pretty much any Christian music puts me in a good mood.

Erin www.frugalhomestory.blogspot.com

April 20, 2008 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger misspooh8 said...

I am new to your site but wanted to let you know that I love reading your favorites list. Also wanted to add that like another poster I was choosen to host a hersheys bliss house party, if you were in my area you could come over and more hersheys bliss chocolate for free!

April 20, 2008 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger Bekah said...

motherhood-moment.blogspost.com

My favorite this week would be secondact.com - we got a $2000 TV for $800! They are factory return refurbished TVs that come with warranties and have excellent deals.

April 21, 2008 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger gigharborscrapper said...

How did I miss this post? I totally missed it. Anyway, I love our Wednesday lunch as well. My favorite chocolate however is See's . So glad they are over the bridge and through the woods or I would eat too much.
Valerie

April 23, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home