24/7 MOMS

Friday, April 4, 2008

Trisha's Friday Favorites

While on vacation this week in AZ I came across a few favorites for this weeks edition of My Friday Favorites...


Favorite Restaurant of the week

Since I have NOT done a ton of cooking this week while on vacation, I thought I’d share one of our FAVORITE places to eat here in Arizona the “Sonic Drive In”. They have the BEST shakes, slushies, onion rings, fries and the list goes on. Unfortunately we do not have one where we live so when we are on vacation if there is one close by you will find the Novotny’s stopping in on more then one occasion.

However we have had a little debate this week with my Hubby, his Favorite is In and Out Burgers. So we compromised and have eaten at both this week…the kids aren’t whining over it to much.

What is your Favorite Family Restaurant to eat at?




Favorite BARGAIN of the week
With 5 kids who all have a love for our local ZOO, I have found it to be financially savvy to purchase a season pass each year.
Owning a season pass to our local Point Defiance Zoo became a NEW bargain this week while on vacation here in Arizona, as we decided to check out the Phoenix Zoo. I remembered I had my zoo pass in my wallet so I went online to see what my reciprocal Zoos were and the BARGAIN ….Phoenix Zoo was one of them giving our family a 50% discount so we saved $34.00. I would call that a BARGAIN.

Two bargains for YOU - 1. Join you local Zoo if you find yourself there several times each year. 2. TAKE your Zoo pass on vacation you never know when you might get the urge to check out the local Zoo and it just might save you some $$$.

What Vacation Bargain secrets do you have?


Favorite FIND of the week


I would much rather eat a yummy cupcake then a piece of cake. So when I came across this new adorable oversized cupcake cake pan by Wilton it quickly made my Friday Favorite list.

You can purchase it online at Amazon and begin making adorable oversized cupcake cakes for those special occasions.

I can already hear and see my youngest Nate as he walks into the room with a huge smile and saying "WOW, Mom this is the most ginormous (his word for giant) cupcake I’ve ever seen, wait till Dad sees this”.

Do you prefer cupcakes or a big piece of cake?





Favorite BLOG of the week
Since I am on the Cupcake theme I thought I would share with you a great Cupcake Blog I found…Cupcakes take the cake . Scroll through the blog and see the great pictures and ideas of yummy cupcakes. http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/.
Do you have a Favorite Cupcake site you go to for ideas and recipes
That is it for this weeks Friday Favorites.....What are your Friday Favorites leave us a comment.
Trisha Novotny

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog, Trisha! I'm glad to "meet" another Friday Favorites. If you like cupcakes, you might love the site: http://www.hellocupcakebook.com/Hello_Cupcake_Design_Home.html

April 4, 2008 at 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I've never eaten at Sonic, I absolutely love In & Out Burger - their fresh cut fries and burgers are awesome. Locally, Burgerville is one of my favorites, especially their fresh berry shakes in summer and sweet potato fries in winter.

Amy S.

April 5, 2008 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

cupcakes all the way!!!

we love sonic as well but andy's is awesome. it isn't drive thru, but they are done in literally seconds. very nice when i was pregnant and sooooooooooooooooo tasty!

April 9, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home