Edible Blessing Mix A Thanksgiving Treat To Share
Create an opportunity for your kids to give and tell their friends that they are Thankful for them by making this simple yummy Thanksgiving blessing mix for their classmates and neighbors.
It is simple to make and simple to package up with our FREE Blessings Mix bag topper.
Makes 16 cups
Adjust recipe to desired amount needed.
- 4 cups Bugles Brand Corn Snacks
- 4 cups Pretzels
- 1 cup Candy corn and/or Corn Nuts Brand Snack
- 1 cup Dried or Candy Fruits
- 1 cup Peanuts and/or Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup M&Ms-brand chocolate candy
- 32 Hershey's-brand chocolate kisses (1 per bag)
- 32 cellophane or snack bags
Scoop 1/2 cup into cellophane bag or snack size zip bag - adjust this amount to your desired amount.
Staple the free Bag topper that gives an explanation for each item you places in the Blessing mix.
Click here to print out your free Blessing Mix bag toppers
Each ingredient in this snack mix symbolizes something associated with the Harvest Season (Thanksgiving)
- Bugles Brand Corn Snacks - represents a cornucopia, a horn of plenty.
- Pretzels - represents arms folded in thanks and prayer.
- Candy Corn Sacrifices of the Pilgrim's first winter. Food was so scarce that the settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn per day.
- Dried or Candy Fruits - Thanksgiving is the celebration of the harvest.
- Peanuts and/or Sunflower Seeds - seeds represent the potential of a bounteous harvest for the next season if they are planted and well tended.
- M&M's: Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.
- Hershey's Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.