DIY Frozen Pancakes and Waffles
- Make pancakes and/or waffles according to your box or recipe directions. Leave pancakes and/or waffles to cool completely. ( We are a Bisquick pancake and waffle making family)
- Place a sheet of wax or parchment paper in a cookie sheet
- Place the cooled pancakes and/or waffles on to the cookie sheet making - do not allow them to touch each other.
- If freezing multiple layers of pancakes and/or waffles, place another sheet of wax or parchment paper to separate the layers.
- Place the filled cookie sheet into your freezer. For about 4 to 5 hours allowing the pancakes and/or waffles to freeze .
- When the pancakes and/or waffles are completely frozen, place them in a zip loc freezer bags or freezer-safe containers.
- Be sure to mark the container/bag with date and contents using a permanent marker or freezer tape.
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet or toaster oven tray with foil or parchment paper. Place the number of pancakes needed on to cookie sheet and cover with foil. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they are no longer frozen and heated to desired temperature.
Place pancakes on to a microwave safe plate and heat on high for 1 ½ – 2 minutes or until the pancakes are no longer frozen and are heated through. ( this does create waffles to be a little soggy)