24/7 MOMS

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Kids Can Help with Family Cleaning

by Trisha

Recently, while on a mother-daughter trip with my oldest daughter, she nicely informed me it was time that the two youngest members of our family take on a few more family chores. Her reasoning was that they were getting older and were very capable of doing more if we would teach them. I got to thinking about her suggestion and I realized I had not been teaching them as I had the older three. She was right – it was time to teach the next two in line.

As I mentioned in Tips for Delegating, I needed to start delegating more of the chores around the house, so I created a list of chores that our kids can do working alongside us as we begin the training process.

Click here to read Trisha's example of the chores you can delegate over at SC Johnson

Be sure to leave me  a comment over at SC Johnson

*Each week Trisha Blogs on SC Johnson Family Economics website as a paid writer be sure to read her weekly

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous kids events in San Francisco said...

i think, if kids are willing to help with family cleaning, then it is OK. but, if it becomes burden to them, i will oppose it. and before giving any household task to a kid, as a parent, one must train him properly.

October 22, 2011 at 5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home