24/7 MOMS

Friday, May 20, 2011

DIY Snow Cone Syrup

My kids love Snow Cones especially with our homemade syrups.

Once again this year I will  set up a permanent summer snow cone station in my kitchen. I use a tray to place our snow cone machine, variety of syrups, straws, spoons and cups on it and then we will be  ready to make snow cones at a moments notice.









Ingredients Needed:
1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid your choice of flavor ( my kids love the punch flavor)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water water
1 Squirt bottle ( pic nick condiment bottles)


Instructions:
Place sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat, pour in the Kool-Aid and stir until dissolved.  Cool to room temperature and pour mixture into squirt bottle   then place in the refrigerator until chilled.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger KimmyG said...

love it! I think Grandmas gonna have a snow cone section in her kitchen soon! great idea!

May 20, 2011 at 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Nichola said...

Such a good idea. Thanks for sharing.

May 20, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home