Chocolate Brunch For Mothers Day
Chocolate Hazelnut and Banana Crepe
from Martha Stewart
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
- In a blender, combine flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs, and butter.
- Puree until mixture is smooth and bubbles form on top, about 30 seconds. Let batter sit at least 15 minutes at room temperature (or refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 1 day; whisk before using).
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium. Lightly coat with butter. Add 1/3 cup batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of skillet. Cook until underside of crepe is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Loosen edge of crepe with a rubber spatula, then with your fingertips, quickly flip. Cook 1 minute more. Slide crepe out of skillet and repeat with remaining batter. (Coat pan with butter as needed.)
5. After flipping a crepe in the skillet, top with chocolate-hazelnut spread and banana. Cook until spread melts, about 1 minute. Fold into quarters.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix in the orange juice to form a dough.
- Turn out the dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into a 9 inch circle about 1/2 inch thick. With a 2 1/2 inch fluted biscuit cutter, cut out 12 scones, pushing the dough scraps together for the last few, if necessary. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Move to wire racks to cool.
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
* 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* Toppings: whipped cream, chocolate shavings, sifted powdered sugar, fresh fruit, ice cream
DirectionsCOMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
MICROWAVE morsels and butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature. Stir in milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture; stir (batter will be thick).
COOK in Belgian waffle maker* according to manufacturer's directions. Serve warm with your choice of toppings.
* Can also be cooked in standard waffle maker (makes about 20 standard-size waffle squares).
Simple Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
from: Trisha Novotny
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips and brand
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 container fresh strawberries with leaves
- Box of tooth picks
- Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
- Pour chocolate chips into microwaveable dish - I use 1/2 a bag at a time.
- Place bowl in microwave for 30 seconds at a time on high. stirring each 30 seconds until melted ( be careful to NOT over cook)
- Dip strawberries into melted chocolate covering all sides of it.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool or place on a sheet of wax paper.
Chcolate Brunch French Toast
Ingredients1 cup NESTLÉ NESQUIK Refrigerated Ready-to-Drink Chocolate Milk
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
8 slices white or French bread
Powdered sugar (optional)
Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
Grated chocolate (optional)
Fresh raspberries (optional)
DirectionsWHISK together Nesquik and eggs in medium bowl.
MELT butter in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip bread into Nesquik mixture to coat evenly. Cook bread on each side for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Dust with powdered sugar. Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate and raspberries
MORE Chocolate FUN ideas:
- Serve a Chocolate fondue click here for fondue ideas and recipes
- Serve Nutella with toast or plain doughnuts, scones. biscuits or pancakes
- Create a Hot chocolate buffet/bar. Click here for ideas and recipes
- Use Color theme of Brown and pink from the table cloth to the dishes.
- Add chocolate fragrant candles
- Use mini chocolate candies ( kisses, sees candies, M& M's) for confetti all over the table
- Create a chocolate centerpiece using a pink anted pot filled with candy bar Flowers ( glue candy bars to sticks and arrange)
- Use chocolate dipped spoons for the hot chocolate
- The ideas are endless just think Chocolate, brown and pink.