7 Things to TEACH your Kids this Summer
1. TEACH Generosity - Watch neighbor’s pet, offer to water lawns, deliver cookies or dinner to someone in need, offer to mow neighbor’s grass…
2. TEACH Independence- Tie shoes, potty training, riding a bike, expand boundaries; take a babysitting course, Drivers Education.
3. TEACH Practical Life Skills- Learn to cook/ clean/ sew (sewing on a button), gardening, open a checking account.
4. TEACH Responsibility- Learn to pick up after themselves, create homes for belongings, give weekly responsibilities to help things run smoothly-laundry, cooking dinner, cleaning up backyard/bedroom.
5. TEACH Family Values- Implement a Family Night, game night or devotional night as a family.
6. TEACH Fun- do the unexpected, ice cream for lunch or dinner or backwards dinner- dessert first then main meal, flashlight tag, play practical trick-rearrange bedrooms, or do something fun together -take a pottery painting class, learn to bowl, take tennis lessons together, go on a girls’ day out or date your sons.
7. TEACH to the Imagination- schedule uninterrupted play….one day without TV, games, electronic devices… bring out the paper, colored pencils, paint. Prepare a dress up box. Read a book together about pirates or Christopher Columbia and sail away on a boat…the sky is the limit, create a high school memory book, or learn a new craft- knitting or beading.
What do you want to TEACH your child this summer?