Make-ahead Brunch For Easter
Are you hosting Easter brunch this year? Enjoy your day by preparing as many dishes ahead of time - here are our 2011 Make-ahead Easter brunch recipes.
Simple Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
from: Trisha Novotny
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips any brand
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 container fresh strawberries with leaves
- Pour chocolate chips into microwaveable dish - I use 1/2 a bag at a time.
- Place bowl in microwave for 30 seconds at a time on high. stirring each 30 seconds until melted ( be careful to NOT over cook)
- Dip strawberries into melted chocolate covering all sides of it.
- To cool place on a sheet of wax paper.
Fruit Slush Cups
This frosty favorite from Betty Webb of Nauvoo, Illinois is a great make ahead brunch basic or springtime snack. Pour the entire batch into one container to freeze, then scoop out single servings. Or spoon the colorful medley into individual plastic cups before freezing.
Click here for recipe
Overnight Egg Casserole
Easter Carrot Salad
2 pounds raw carrots sliced in circles
1 purple onion, sliced thin
1 green pepper thinly sliced
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salad mustard
1 can tomato soup
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Place carrots in boiling water Blanch the carrots for about 30 seconds. Place into ice cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
Place carrots in a large bowl, add in onion and green peppers.
Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl then pour over carrots.
Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for 24 hours.