Five Egg-cellent Hard Boiled Egg Recipes
They have been boiled, dyed and hunted down only to potentially leave you with dozens of leftover hard boiled eggs once the Easter celebration ends. What egg-cellent recipes can you create with these lefts over eggs? We found five egg-cellent recipes to share with you
Old-Fashioned Egg Salad Recipe
From Taste of Home:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs and celery. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 3 servings.
Creamy Ham 'n' Egg CasseroleFrom Taste Of Home
- 2 medium cooked potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) BREAKSTONE'S® Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, ham, salt and pepper. Combine the egg and sour cream; add to potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pieces whole-wheat wrap bread (9 inches in diameter)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 12 thin slices red onion
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce, torn into pieces (about 1/2 cup)
From Kraft Foods
What You Need4 cups torn romaine lettuce1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms1 small red onion, sliced, separated into rings2 tomatoes, chopped1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas, thawed1/2 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream1/4 cup chopped fresh basil4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled
Make ItLAYER lettuce, 1 cup cheese, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and peas in 3-qt. bowl. MIX mayo, sour cream and basil; spread over salad, completely covering top of salad. TOP with remaining cheese and bacon. Refrigerate 5 hours. Brunch Ham and Egg Muffins from: Betty Crocker
8 large eggs 1 package (0.9-oz) hollandaise sauce mix 1 cup milk 1/4 cup butter 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed Dash pepper 8 oz sliced cooked ham 4 English muffins, split, toasted
- 1 Place eggs in single layer in large saucepan or Dutch oven; add enough cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water. Place eggs in bowl of ice water; let stand 10 minutes. Peel eggs; cut eggs into quarters. Set aside.
- 2 In medium saucepan, prepare sauce mix with milk and butter as directed on package. Stir in quartered hard-cooked eggs, lemon juice, dill and pepper. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 3 Place ham on microwave-safe plate; cover loosely with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave on Medium for 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 4 Place 2 muffin halves on each serving plate. Arrange ham slices on muffins. Spoon egg mixture over ham.