Scrumptious Banana-Ginger Cookies
I love cookies so when I saw this recipe today I decided this will be the next NEW cookie recipe I will bake for my family. A littel nervous it may be addictive.
from : Parents.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup mashed)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Lemon Glaze (recipe follows)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In medium-size bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
3. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in banana, ginger and vanilla. On low speed, slowly beat in flour mixture.
4. Drop mixture by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, spacing the mounds about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake in 375°F oven until lightly browned around edges and set, 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack; let cool.
6. When completely cooled, frost and decorate with Lemon Glaze.
Lemon Glaze: In medium-size bowl, whisk together 2 cups confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt until good glazing consistency. Reserve 2 tablespoons. Frost tops of cookies with the remaining glaze, leaving the edges of the cookies unfrosted. Add 2 drops of yellow food coloring to the reserved glaze. Stir in a few drops of milk for a good drizzling consistency. Dip a fork into thinned glaze and drizzle over the frosted cookies.