APP of the week - 5 Favorite Free Apps For Kids
To give parents a hand at keeping kids entertained this holiday season, Gabriel Schlumberger, senior app producer at Callaway Digital Arts, put together a list of his (and his kids’) favorite FREE iPad apps. These awesome apps make for happy kids when traveling, entertaining guests or curling up with cocoa while waiting for Santa and his reindeer to land on your rooftop.
1. Miss Spider’s Tea Party Lite – Watch, read, listen and play as this beloved, classic picture book magically comes to life. Miss Spider is hosting a tea party—but all the bugs are afraid to come! What’s an eight-legged lady to do? Find out in this heartwarming tale, told in rhyming verse. With multi-touch animation, painting, puzzles and games, the Miss Spider’s Tea Party Lite app reinvents the reading experience for the whole family (also available on the iPhone). Click here to download now.
2. Cut the Rope HD Lite – A mysterious package has arrived and the creature inside has only one request … candy! Try out 18 fun levels combining outstanding physics, devilishly tricky levels, and bright colorful visuals. Click here to download now.
3. Talking Roby the Robot for iPad – Roby is a talking, hip-hop dancing robot. He can speak the words you type on your keyboard. He also repeats anything you say with his robo voice. Click here to download now.
4. Virtuoso Piano Free 2 HD – Be the maestro with Virtuoso Piano Free. Learn and play the piano anytime and anywhere. A duet mode even lets two people play at once, for family concerts to remember! Click here to download now.
5. U Connect Lite – The goal is to connect all the points by dragging your finger from point to point without retracing your steps. Sound simple? It might just have you playing for hours! Click here to download this App now.
These great free apps are sure to make the holiday season brighter, and they’re also a great way to pre-load that iPad the family will be opening on Christmas morning. Let me know if I can connect you with a Callaway Digital Arts executive for more information on what’s in store for kids on the iPad.
About Callaway Digital Arts
Callaway Digital Arts (CDA) publishes premium lifestyle and children’s applications for Apple’s iPad, iPhone, and iPod family of products. CDA’s in-house studio brings talented storytellers and digital artists together to create high-quality applications that leave a lasting impression on people of all ages. Funded by the Kleiner Perkins Caufield& Byers iFund, CDA’s apps include Martha Stewart Makes Cookies, Miss Spider’s Tea Party, Miss Spider’s Bedtime Story, and(RED): The Lazarus Effect. For more information about CDA, visit www.callaway.com.