WIN - TI-Nspire and Math Makeover Kit from Texas Instrument
The TI-Nspire graphing calculator from Texas Instruments is a smart investment that a teen can use for up to nine years in 19 high school and college-level classes that teach advanced math, from algebra through calculus, AP math and science, statistics, trigonometry and even engineering math. TI-Nspire graphing calculators are backed by research showing that graphing calculators can help improve students’ math skills, and they’re also allowed on the SAT**, ACT, AP**, IB® and a growing number of statewide math exams.
Today, more teens are taking higher-level math courses, according to the National Assessment of Educational Progress 2008 report card, which shows the percentage of 17-year-olds taking pre-calculus or calculus has tripled over the last 30 years. The TI-Nspire graphing calculator provides several major feature advancements that enable students to interact with math in ways that lead to a deeper understanding of concepts as they progress through advanced courses.
TI-Nspire Graphing Calculator Features
- Like a computer in your hand. The versatile graphing calculator has many computer-like features, including a large, high-resolution screen, drop down menus and a built-in cursor which helps students explore problem solving strategies in real-time.
- Save and review work. Thanks to electronic document capabilities and built-in 20 MB of storage, students can create, save and edit their work similar to the word processing and file storage of a computer.
- 2 calculators, plus computer software, in one. Interchangeable keypads allow students to use the calculator in TI-Nspire, TI-84 Plus and TI-83 Plus modes, and included computer software brings the TI-Nspire experience to a PC or Mac.
TI-Nspire Freebies and Accessories
- FREE access to AP*, SAT* and ACT prep questions from The Princeton Review, including AP calculus, biology, chemistry, economics and all-new 2009 physics questions
- FREE minutes of online homework help from Tutor.com for entering your graphing calculator id
Enter for your chance to win:
1. Become a 24/7 MOMS Subscriber Enter your email address below then leave a comment that you subscribed along with why your child needs a math makeover and also your email address.
2. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment why your child needs a math makeover along with your email address.
Additional Entries: For additional entries Tweet this blog post by clicking below TWIT THIS and/or share on your Facebook by clicking below on Share on Facebook . Then leave a comment for each additional entry and what you did.
US entries only and one entry per person. Winner will be chosen on September 19, 2010.