24/7 MOMS

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DIY Birthday Wreath

This week you can create a FUN Birthday Celebration tradition with the DIY MOMS Birthday Wreath from How Does She. Stop by and see more fun ideas from How Does She by clicking here.

What would you do with 144 Balloons?

How Does She…make a birthday wreath?

This wreath is so festive and fun to decorate with for every birthday! Our good friend Amber is the pro at making them – she was so nice to let us take pictures of her making one so we could share it with all of you! She said she originally got the idea from a wonderful lady named Carleen Tanner. Amber is such a fun person to be around…as you can see in the picture (another thing she got roped into:)

“Hi my name is Amber and life is GRAND!

I’m married to my best friend & I am a mom to five beautiful kids (3 boys 2 girls).

Life is never dull! I love doing all sorts of new activities (riding a very small bike down a hill:)”

Five Fun Facts

about Amber:

I just ran a 5k and had a BLAST!
A Cadbury egg is my weak spot ( I have a lot in my freezer:)
I hate to wear swim suits
I have literally had to “get the lead out”…….
Purple is the best color around

If I were a Super Hero

“I think I would be the Patience Princess.

I so lack in this department and need all the help I can get.”

Now on with the Balloon Wreath!

First you need balloons. Lots and lots of balloons.

(2 bags of 72 count…the 1 1/2 to 2 inch sized balloon)

You also need:

1. 2 greening pin packs-found at Craft stores in the artificial plant section.

2. and a straw wreath -leave the plastic on so it doesn’t shed.

You just take a greening pin, stick the balloon in the middle…


and stick it to the straw wreath.

Push it in nice and tight.

Do this over and over and over until the whole wreath is filled in colorful balloons!


What a way to welcome the birthday person with COLOR! My kids love it when the birthday wreath comes out…it is now associated with birthday FUN!!!

Happy Birthday!

Thanks Amber for answering the question, How Does She…make a birthday wreath? You rock!

*Stop by each week for our DIY MOMS feature. 24/7 MOMS will feature a DIY ( Do it yourself) project by a MOM each week.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

This a adorable...what a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

September 8, 2010 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Krysten said...

This is adorable! One more thing on my Mario party list for my 8 year old! :)

Best,
Krysten
http://clickableparty.blogspot.com/

September 9, 2010 at 5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home