24/7 MOMS

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Game Board Birthday Party


from: Susan Fox
24/7 MOMS Family Life editor

Recently we celebrated our son's 10th birthday with a Game board party. Below are the various tings I did to create a fun party.

- First I bought a bunch of old board games at a thrift store for $1 and $2

- I decorated the table by first laying down a bright colored plastic tablecloth. Then I used cards and money from Monopoly and other game cards, scattering them about, then topped the table with a clear plastic table cloth.

-I used hard plastic game pieces from Monopoly, Sorry, Scrabble, Chessmen,Connect4, etc. to fill a large clear vase as a centerpiece.

-I used an old Monopoly game board, covered with plastic wrap, as the cake platter.

-I used the old game boxes and stacked them on the table for decoration.

- Each place setting received the same amount of Monopoly money which was then used... to buy the party food: Hot dogs, chips, watermelon, pop, ice cream cones.

- I placed food in stations with signs showing the price.

- We played board games.

- Each guest went away with a brightly colored goodie bag including Uno-Cards, a movie size candy treat and an individual bag of popcorn.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great ideas! I am first time mom expecting in october!

September 5, 2010 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Those are some of the most original ideas I've seen in a while. Love the whole theme.

September 8, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home