24/7 MOMS

Friday, November 6, 2009

What you Missed Tuesday Night


Chat Ideas n Inspirations from the 247MOMS Live web cast on 11-03-09

Thanksgiving Fun:

My son wants to add our new Thanksgiving tradition where we leave a liter of pop along with micro popcorn and a note that says..."Just want to POP IN to say we are grateful for you"

Sharing Our Christmas Traditions and 25 Days of Christmas Activities:

My daughter gets to pick out a new ornament every year.

We are doing the thankful countdown...today was to draw what we are thankful for...the kids did the cutest drawings

Let them pick out a mug and keep it and every year they love drinking out of their own mugs

My daughter gets to pick out a new ornament every year.

Our Christmas Eve dinner is a mini banquet or buffet of our favorite appetizers.

We do fake trees so I use the Christmas tree scent from scentsy to make my home smell like the real trees

I did a scrapbook ahead of time (small one) and journalled our 25 day countdown with pictures. It is fun to look back on

We do the tree farm trip every year. So much fun

I used to let my son decorate my windows with spray snow

One of our 25 days is to decorate windows with those crayola window paints

We pick kids off the tree and have the kids choose a toy for the needy...they like it

We take our three boys every year to buy a toy for our adopted family every year. I think it helps them understand when the toy is for someone their age - they get it.

My son is only 18 months so I have him color or paint paper bags and then I can use it to wrap presents he is giving people

We do Operation Christmas Child, shoeboxes

Have your children take turns reading “Twas the night before Christmas”

Have your children buy something for their siblings

I love to bake cookies with kids

We have a cookie decorating party

We make cookies together too; my daughter's favorite part is decorating them and eating the dough when I’m not looking

Make popcorn chains and paper chains with pictures drawn by the kids

Teach your children learn to give back

You can always have a separate tree that is just for the kids to decorate, and then you can have another that you decorate like you want

We go through toys before Christmas than go donate together and the boys give their own toys

My son is only 18 months so I have him color or paint paper bags and then I can use it to wrap presents he is giving people

We watch the movie Christmas story

Have everyone gather to watch Christmas vacation while we eat cookies we baked

Making snowflakes are the best :)

My kids love making snowflakes and then hang them from their ceiling

You can go caroling with people to the local nursing homes

Have your children take turns reading “Twas the night before Christmas”

Have your children buy something for their siblings

Holiday Preparation Organization:

I have to log in my binder what I buy from the year before..I always forget

Techie Tanya does great family pics, she does our Christmas pics for the cards

I try to get all my shopping done before Thanksgiving throughout the year then much less stress

I'm a list person. It really helps

I have a planner and a notebook

I used to let my son decorate my windows with spray snow

One of our 25 days is to decorate windows with those crayola window paints

We pick kids off the tree and have the kids choose a toy for the needy...they like it

We take our three boys every year to buy a toy for our adopted family every year. I think it helps them understand when the toy is for someone their age - they get it.

HypnotiqMermaid: we go shopping for salvation army every year...we buy clothes, socks, toys, and donate stuff

IMXE98: Check with your local school. They can give you a list of kids that need help at Christmas time

Elise3boys: My mom always gives each of us a new ornament for the year (usually depicting something special about the year.)

valerie: Love the ornaments from hallmark where the kids record their voice

Elise3boys: We also always take a large family group photo in pilgrim hats!! Our husbands are the Indians and my dad is the turkey! :)

7monkeyMom: lol I buy all 5 girls matching dresses, and then the boys match the dresses too! love it.. Our tradition!

Eran1313: our ginger bread house is always a disaster too, but we have so much fun doing it.

7monkeyMom: We do stockings for the kids, and everyday the kids have to do something nice for that person they chose for.. and then they get to put a little present for that persons stalking

We don't paint on windows...we take a sheet of plelxi-glass and paint on it and then post it. So no paint smudges on your window trim

I want to start the Jesus birthday party this year

We do matching jammies for Christmas eve.. We let them open them up night before Christmas, and a Toy to keep them busy, so Santa can get ready!

This year we are going to do small presents, they have decided to give their big Santa present to a family in need! awe...

Our kids give up their old toys on Christmas night to fill Santa’s bag, since it's empty

We do Swedish pancakes Christmas morning every year.

Rea: we also bake those ornaments for the tree

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Decors said...

.: Your Christmas tree celebration is so much fun!~ Wished to join you, heehee ^,^ By the way, what is your tree theme for this Christmas? Hope that you'll post it in your blog, it must be very very beautiful~~ ;-) :.

November 16, 2009 at 5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home