24/7 MOMS

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mom Music that Inpries - Brandon Heath

My Taxi mom role leaves me with few moments of alone time in my car, but when I do have it, I enjoy listening to my MOM music - music that I not only enjoy, but also inspires me in my faith journey.

Brandon Heath happens to be on the top of my mom music list, and I recently received his latest CD "What if We". The album's title grew up out of one of those little moments, a conversation Heath was having with a mentor that sent the Nashville native (now Houston resident) spinning off into thought.

"Every part of that phrase, 'what if we,' is important," Heath says. "I don't even look at it as incomplete - dot, dot, dot - because the 'what if' part is about possibilities, obviously. But the 'we' part is saying, 'let's do this together, let's not do this alone.'"

"One of the things that bothers me about this world is that we're all in this for ourselves. We're looking out for number one. I don't want to be alone, I want to live life with other people. God even says it's better to join together in service to Him."

As a MOM I think about what Brandon is saying and am reminded once again that as we travel the MOM-hood journey we need God and we need others.

We need to not be looking out for only ourselves or for our own families, but we need to continue to open our lives to others and share the journey.

So, as we begin a new year I am posting the question on my computer - What if we? to remind myself daily to share my life with others.

What can we do to make a difference in 2009 in the lives of MOMS?

What about you - how can you reach out to another mom, to another family, to another child and make a difference in 2009?

You can NOW purchase Brandon Heaths Music at the 24/7 MOMS store in our music department.

One of my favorite songs on Brandon's What if We CD is "Give Me Your Eyes".
Watch below as Brandon sings my favorite song.






Brandon Heath - Give Me Your Eyes from Brandon Heath on Vimeo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home