24/7 MOMS

Monday, September 1, 2008

Let's Make a Meal Mondays - September 1, 2008


The refrigerator looks bare, my pantry is empty, and the freezer is starving to be fed once again. So, what will I cook for dinner? Yes, that is how I feel about my meal planning for this week.

I recently came across this great web site called Recipe Matcher http://www.recipematcher.com/. In times of empty cupboards this is a great site to assist you in creating a meal out of the ingredients you have on hand.

Here is one of the many choices of recipes it gave me after I typed in a few pantry items I had on hand:

ITALIAN PASTA BAKE


Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Servings:
Cook Time: 20 Minutes

Ingredients:
2 cups Mozzarella cheese -
3/4 cup (divided) grated Parmesan cheese
1 jar (28 to 30 ounce) spaghetti sauce
4 cups penne pasta
1 lbs. sausage (Italian)

Cooking Directions: Brown meat in large skillet, drain.Stir in pasta, spaghetti sauce, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan Cheese. Spoon into 13x9 inch baking dish top with mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup parmesan. Bake at 375 for 20 mins.


What is for dinner at your house this week?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home