24/7 MOMS

Monday, June 9, 2008

Let' s Make a Meal Mondays


You know the saying “It’s an oldie, but a goodie.” That is how I feel about today's Let’s Make a Meal Monday recipe.

About 20 years ago, while eating at an office potluck, I discovered this yummy tasting dish. This resulted in my making it almost bi-weekly for many years, only to then somehowbe removed from my list of meal ideas.

So, when I came across it the other day, I decided thatnot only would I share it with you, but I would place it back on my meal idea list and see if my kiddos would enjoy it as much as I did years ago.

This is one of those great recipes you can place in the crock pot to cook all day, then serve to a large crowd and get rave reviews.


I also came across a FREEbie for you – a Free bush beans booklet of recipes – “Simply the Best in 20 Minutes or Less”. Chefs from across the country contributed their favorite family recipes that use easy to find ingredients andare healthy for you. Sign up to get one sent to you and enjoy some new recipes.


Three Bean Potluck Casserole


Ingredients
1/2 pound bacon1 pound ground beef

1 onion, chopped

1/2 cup ketchup

3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp vinegar

1 tsp dry mustard

1 (16 ounce) can baked beans

1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans
1 (15 ounce) can butter beans- or 1 (15 ounce) can green beans)

Directions1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, break into medium pieces and set aside. In same skillet, brown beef and onion. Drain fat.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Place bacon/beef mixture in a large bowl and stir in the ketchup, sugar, vinegar, mustard, baked beans, kidney beans (with liquid) and butter beans (with liquid). Mix well.
4. Spoon casserole mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, uncovered

Share your oldie but goodie with the 24/7 MOMS - Comment or email trisha@247moms.com - We might even publish it in a future 24/7 MOMS publication.


Trisha Novotny



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home