24/7 MOMS

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Time Waster Time Saver Thursdays



Welcome to the NEW Time Waster Time Saver Thursdays

My 24/7 MOM days can be crazy. I am sure they are similar to yours – laundry to fold, lunches to pack, beds to make, errands to run, floors to be mopped, meetings to attend, dinner to cook, children to be taxied, and the list goes on and on… never a dull moment. I realized early on in my mom journey that if I was going to survive I better find some Time Saving solutions to avoid my Time Wasters.
If you are like me and in need of Time Saver ideas to survive the journey, then meet back here each Thursday for a New Time Waster, Time Saver idea.
Let’s get started with Week #1: Family Files

Time Waster: Do you find yourself searching for your child's birth certificate, ID cards, passport, Social Security number, savings account register or other important info? How about those gift cards or tickets to an upcoming event or other important items that seem to disappear?





Time Saver: Create a file for each member of your family... Use these files to hold all those items you are constantly searching for. You can even keep up-to-date health records, emergency information, etc. in them. I then place them in a desktop file system so they are quickly accessible. Now with teenagers they, too, can find what they are in need of by going to their own family file.

"Time is what we want most, but... what we use worst." ~William Penn

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger momisbestjob said...

I made photo copies of the birth certificates, Id, passport, etc and put the copies in their files. I then put the originals in our safe so I/kids don't loose the originals and then I know where the originals are when I need them, but still have easy access to the information via the copies.

March 27, 2008 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger momisbestjob said...

Love the idea of Time Saver Thursdays!

March 27, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home