Million Dollar Carmel (Rolo) Cookies- 12 days of Cookies
If you were to ask me "what is one of your favorite traditions that I can hardly wait to do during the Christmas season?" - my answer would be "bake cookies". This year here at 24/7 MOMS we are hosting a 12 days of cookies countdown and over the next 12 days we will share one to die for cookie recipe each day that you will want to include in your Christmas baking tradition this year.
Today's cookie is one I discovered last year when I saw everyone talking about it on Facebook. Go ahead try them I bet you can't just eat one.
Million Dollar Carmel (Rolo) Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar, plus 1 Tbs
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, plus 1⁄4 cup
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Heath candy bars
- 1 bag Rolo chewy caramels
2. In a separate bowl, mix 2 1⁄2 cups flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture a little bit at a time and blend well. If the dough feels too sticky, sprinkle in a little extra flour. Cover and chill dough in fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Chop Heath bars into small pieces. Place in a small bowl and toss with 1 Tbs sugar.
4. Once dough has chilled, wrap a piece around each caramel, forming a 1-inch ball and covering the candy completely. Dip top of the dough ball into the candy topping and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Cookies will look quite soft, but do not overbake. Cool in pan slightly, then move to a rack or the counter to finish cooling. Store in a covered container.