24/7 MOMS

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Simple Homemade Apple- Blueberry Pie



from:  Dr. Ann Marie Graff

My families' favorite recipe is my Apple/blueberry pie. my son calls it my Blappleberrry pie. It is really a twist on a basic apple pie.

I use Pillsbury pie crust..it tastes great, and I don't have the time to make it from scratch. I peel and cut about six large macintosh or gala apples (sometimes I mix them) into chunks, then I add a cup of sugar, a half teaspoon of nutmeg, 2 teaspoons of cinnaman (sometimes I add more...I love cinnamon), and a tablespoon of corn starch to thicken. I mix that all together, and then I add one large can of blueberry pie filling (I think its about 16 oz) and mix it in.

I put the pie crust in a large pie pan and fill with all the mixture. Then I add a few dabs (tablespoons of butter) here and there and cover with the second crust. I cut five wholes into the top crust and bake.

Before baking, I line the bottom shelf of the over with foil...it will drip.

I bake at 400 degrees for one hour.

Serve with your favorite ice cream.  Enjoy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home