9 Easy Things To Do With Strawberries
|2. Sweet Citrusy Mesclun Salad|
3. Chocolate Bites: Dip 1 lb berries into 8 oz melted semisweet chocolate. Roll in chopped nuts. Place on parchment. Chill.
4. Vinaigrette: Combine 1 cup berries, 1 tsp sugar, and 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar. Chill 1 hour. Liquefy. Add salt, pepper, and 2 Tbsp olive oil; blend.
5. Lemonade: Mix 1 can each lemonade concentrate and water. Add berries to taste; mash with a spoon. Add seltzer.
6. No-Cook Ice Cream (pictured above): Add 3 cups berries and juice of ½ lemon to food processor; blend. With a mixer, whip 1½ cups heavy cream and 2 tsp vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Slowly add 14 oz sweetened condensed milk; whip until very thick. Fold in berry mixture. Seal and freeze until firm.
7. D.I.Y. Preserves: Put 2 lb hulled berries and 1 Tbsp lemon juice in saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, on low for 20 minutes or until juices release. Stir in 1 cup sugar. Boil over medium; cook until 210°F. Skim foam. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
8. Topping: Drizzle 3 cups berries with 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with ¼ cup sugar. Let rest 1 hour. Spoon over pound cake. Add cracked pepper to taste.
9. Breakfast Tarts (pictured below): Click here for the quick recipe and our step-by-step how to.