24/7 MOMS

Monday, May 9, 2011

Dr. Seuss End Of The School Year Tradition


Several years ago I  purchased two copies of the Dr. Seuss book Oh, the Places You’ll Go to use as a new tradition with my two youngest boys (Caleb and Nate-no).  At the end of each school year I have their school teachers write a little note inside these books to them. When they graduate from High School I will present the filled book to them and allow others to sign it at their graduation party.

I came up with this idea as I was looking at the copy of this book given to my #1 Son (Stephen Jr) when he graduated from Kindergarten. The giver had signed the book with a little note to him. It’s too late to now to have all of Stephen Jr's teachers sign his copy - he graduated from High School in 2008. But, there is still time for a new tradition for the 2 youngest boys. Now to just remember to have their teachers sign it each year.

* You can start this at any grade or age.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea! I have two toddlers heading into kindergarten in the next two years, This is lovely!!

May 10, 2011 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm going to get a copy of this book to give to my daughter for her to do this for her little girl (my sweet 5 yr. old granddaughter) who will graduate kindergarten next month. Thanks for sharing. :-)

May 12, 2011 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my gosh this is such a great idea!!

July 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home