Hearts for Breakfast - 3 Recipes For Valentines Day
by Betty Crocker
A pinch and a poke create the fun heart shape in quick rolls rolled with a sweet raspberry filling.
|4 1/2||cups Original Bisquick® mix|
|1 1/3||cups milk|
|1/4||teaspoon almond extract|
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine, softened|
|1|| package (4-serving size) raspberry- or strawberry-flavored gelatin (not sugar-free) |
Powdered Sugar Icing
|2||cups powdered sugar|
|2||to 3 tablespoons milk or water|
- Heat oven to 425°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 1 1/3 cups milk and the almond extract until soft dough forms. On surface generously dusted with Bisquick mix, gently roll dough in Bisquick to coat. Shape into a ball; knead 10 times.
- Divide dough in half. Roll or pat each half into 12x7-inch rectangle. Spread 1 tablespoon of the butter over each rectangle. Sprinkle half of the gelatin over each rectangle; spread evenly with back of spoon. Roll up each rectangle tightly, beginning at 12-inch side. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Cut each roll into 12 (1-inch) slices. Place on cookie sheet. To make heart shape, pinch one side of slice to form sharp point; make deep indentation in opposite side of dough with knife to make top of heart.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix icing ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Remove rolls from cookie sheet to cooling rack; spread icing over warm rolls.
Sweet Hugs ans Kisses
from Betty Crocker
Surprise your family with a special treat that says "I love you"!
|2||cups Original Bisquick® mix|
|2||tablespoons granulated sugar|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine, melted|
| ||Granulated sugar or colored sugar, if desired|
- Heat oven to 400°F. Stir Bisquick mix, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar and the egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms. Place dough on surface generously dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into a ball; knead 5 times.
- Roll or pat dough into 6 1/2-inch square, 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough into 12 strips. Shape 6 strips into circles to make O shapes; pinch ends to secure. Cut remaining 6 strips crosswise in half; crisscross pairs of strips to make X shapes. (Or use X- and O-shaped cookie cutters dipped in Bisquick mix.) Place hugs and kisses on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Immediately brush with melted butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Serve warm.
Heart Shaped Blueberry Pancakes
from: Betty Crocker
Blueberry pancakes can be delicious and "love-ly" with easy heart shaping.
|1||cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix|
|2/3||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|2||tablespoons fat-free egg product or 1 egg white|
|3/4||cup frozen blueberries, thawed, drained|
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F; grease with vegetable oil or shortening.
- In medium bowl, stir all ingredients except blueberries until blended. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls into heart shapes onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles break on surface. Turn; cook until golden.