24/7 MOMS

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fast Oven Cooking Bacon

MOM Tip: When my family wanted bacon for breakfast the only thing I thought about was the grease splatter mess it was going to make until I discovered several years ago this great simple bacon frying tip - Frying my bacon in the oven.

No more splattered grease, no more standing over a hot pan I could now place my bacon in the oven and check off a few more items on my to do list while the bacon was cooking away in my oven splatter free.

How To Cook Bacon In The Oven

Needed:
1 lb Bacon
1 large shallow pan or cookie sheet with sides
aluminum foil
wire rack (optional)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375°.

Line your pan or cookie sheet with aluminum foil then if desired place the wire rack inside pan and on top of foil. If you don’t have a wire rack to fit don;t worry this is not necessary.

Place bacon in individual strips across the rack or pan, you can fit them close to each other try to not overlap too much.

Place pan in oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp (about 35 minutes for thick slice). Watch carefully to not overcook

Remove from oven and place bacon on paper towel lined platter to absorb the excess grease.

Simple Cleanup: pour the bacon grease into a container and toss out the aluminum foil or allow the bacon grease to get cold then remove by lifting foil out of pan and throwing in the garbage.

Now you can make splatter proof bacon for your family - Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Free Stuff said...

MMM bacon!!! lol Great idea!
Great article! I love things I can do with my family and also I love saving money heheheh.

Here is a resource for your readers that I personally use.
www.yofreesamples.com
Everyday they post the newest free samples and free stuff on the internet.
I hope you like it as much as I do.

January 25, 2011 at 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home