24/7 MOMS

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Call to Worship


By Jeanie Cullip
24/7 Moms Inspiration Editor

Yesterday morning I was driving home from a leadership meeting at church. I was so excited by the expectations I have of the direction God is leading us this next year in our LifeGroups, I wanted to sing! I wanted to shout! I wanted to listen to a really good worship song. Problem was all of my CD's were underneath my passenger seat and I was already driving down the road.

So I sat quiet for a moment and realized that I only had about 5 minutes before I got home. It was quiet, my mind began to reflect on the wonderful things that I learned this morning, and then I began to sing. The simple Christmas carol O' Come all Ye Faithful.

O Come All Ye Faithful Joyful and triumphant, O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem. Come and behold Him, Born the King of Angels; O come, let us adore Him, O come, let us adore Him, O come, let us adore Him, Christ the Lord.


At first I chuckled for I wanted a great song of worship and praise to sing to my Jesus! After all I felt the biggest need to give Him lots of love. But then I began to hear the words that I was singing.
  • O Come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant, well that's me!
  • Come and Behold Him Born the King of Angels, I am to reach out and abide in my Jesus.
  • O Come, let us adore Him Christ the Lord, we are all to praise Him.

I was so very excited. I realized this simple Christmas carol that is widely known in and out of church played on many radio stations and throughout the stores was a Call to Worship. We are told that we need to Praise Him. We are to be joyful and we are to adore Him.

I hope this makes you as excited as it makes me. I hope that as we are in the middle of the Christmas season that we can hear the words to this song and allow us to remember what it is all about.




2 Samuel 22:50 (NASB)
"Therefore I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the nations, And I will sing praises to Your name.


Blessings & Giggles to you and yours,

Stay- at- Home Mommy & Writer

Jeanie Cullip is a happily married, stay-at-home mommy of 3 children of her own and 2 step-children. Finding joy, love & hope right in her own back yard and sharing it with her neighbors near and far. In love with Jesus, loves to giggle & loves to drink coffee. She is a freelance writer residing in Gig Harbor. Find out a "latte" about Jeanie on Facebook. For questions and comments please e-mail her at cupofjoewithjeanie@yahoo.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home