First Day Of School Traditions and Celebrations:
- Take a picture each year prior to kids leaving for school
- Take a picture of then in their class room with their teacher
How do you grow:
- Measure your kids each year on the first day of school. Use a wood measure stick or a wall in your home that you use each year to show their growth
- Hand Prints of your child on paper, table cloth, toy chest
First Day of School Breakfast:
- Serve Name Pancakes ( make pancakes in letters spelling out your kids names)
- Waffles with strawberries and whip cream
- Serve Crepes
- Present your child each year with a new reading book that you have written a note inside of to them.
School Supply Surprise:
- Place in your child's bedroom or at their breakfast table a bag or box filled with their school supplies that has a sign/tag saying it is from the Magic School Bus or School fairy
In Germany the children wake up on the first day of school to a tradition of receiving a Schultuete or sugar cone which is an over sized paper cone filled with school supplies, candy and small toys!
This tradition began about 1810 when their sugar cone was filled only with sweets, today the find pencils, crayons and erasers and other surprises in their cones.
# 1 - You can make a DIY (do it yourself) Schultuete by forming a cone from a sheet of poster board and covering it with colorful wrapping paper, scrap book paper or stickers. You can make it which ever size you choose by adjusting the size of the poster board or paper! Add Tissue to the top of the cone for the finishing touch.
#2 - Another DIY idea is to make a mini Schultuete using a birthday party hat and filling it with tissue paper and goodies
Ideas for filling a cone for your child include:
- Coloring books
- Reading Books
- Make-up, Jewelry
Labels: Back To School, Celebrations, School Celebrations