5 Cozy Reading Spots For Kids
By: Trisha Novotny
Summer time is the perfect time to discover new cozy reading spots to inspire our kids to read.
1. Local Parks - Fill a basket with fun books or have your children pick out a book to read. Then pack a few snacks , water bottles and a big blanket then head out the door to your local park and find the perfect patch of lawn to spread out your blanket, allowing your kids space to lay on the blanket and read their books or have you read to them.
2. Backyard forts/playhouses - Children's forts or playhouse make a fun summer reading spot. Allow your kids to drag a few old pillows and blankets outside to create a cozy place to read in their fort or playhouse. Why not place a basket full of books in there as well so they can easily access them.
3. Trampolines - Trampolines are not just for jumping they make a great place to relax and read a book on while enjoying the sunshine.
4. Closets - Do you have an extra walk in closet that you can empty out and add pillows, blankets or a comfy kid size chair along with a reading light and create a perfect cozy reading hideout.
5. In-door tents- Give your kids a pile of sheets or blankets and allow them to build a tent using chairs and other pieces of furniture along with blankets and or sheets. Next supply them with flashlights or reading lights and a supply of books to read for an indoor camp reading spot.
Reading Challenge: Where is your favorite reading spot to read to or with your kids? leave a comment and share your idea with the 24/7 MOMS
MOM TIP - Looking for a new reading tool to inspire your kids to read. Check out the VTech V.Reader animated e-book system designed just for kids or you could call it the iKID ( kids ipad) available at Target NOW. Click here to read more about it.
With V.Reader, children will discover the joy of reading while seeing well-loved characters like Shrek and Disney Fairies in stories with vivid animations. As the stories come alive with animations and sounds on the color touch screen, children take a journey into a world of imagination while developing the necessary building blocks to grow from a pre-reader to a confident and fluent reader. Cartridges are age graded for 3 to 5 year olds and 5 to 7 year-olds. Each storybook cartridge includes a fully narrated and animated story, 8 reading skill games, and a Story Dictionary.
Take The Pledge and WIN - Help your kids become better readers with VTech’s Summer Reading Pledge
A recent national survey shows that 8 in 10 moms believe their children get the most benefit from reading. However, 49% of moms don’t think their child reads enough, especially during the summer.
That’s why VTech is asking parents to take the Summer Reading Pledge and encourage their children to read as much as they can this summer. To kick-start this movement, VTech is giving away the brand new V.Reader, the first animated e-book system, to the first 100 moms and dads across the country to sign the pledge. Click here to sign the pledge today
Click here to sign-pledge now.
This is a sponsored post from Vtech V.Reader and The Motherhood The opinions in this post are entirely my own. This post has not been reviewed or edited by anyone.