Homemade Orange Sherbet- Sweet Summer Treat
I came across this YUMMY recipe and have added it to my MUST try with the kids this summer. An easy recipe to use when teaching kids to cook as well.
Refreshing Orange Ice Recipefrom: Taste of Home
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a saucepan, bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and remaining water. Transfer to a freezer-proof bowl. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer. Beat until blended. Beat in cream. Cover and return to freezer. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.