5 Leftover Ham Recipes
|1||can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls|
|8||thin slices cooked ham (8 oz)|
|4||thin slices Cheddar cheese (4 oz), each cut into 4 strips
|1.||Heat oven to 350°F. Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place 1 piece of ham on each triangle; place 2 strips of cheese down center of ham. Fold in edges of ham to match shape of dough triangle.|
|2.||Roll up each crescent, ending at tip of triangle. Place with tips down on ungreased cookie sheet.|
|3.||Bake 15 to 19 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.|
Ham it up with bean soup
Use every last bit of leftover ham in a comfortingly creamy soup seasoned with hearty cannellini beans and other on-hand staples like frozen peas. Make a larger batch and freeze to enjoy bowls of steaming soup at any moment.
HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Add ham, beans and peas. Heat through. Season to taste with pepper.
• One cup coarsely chopped spinach leaves can be substituted for the peas.
Potato Ham Bake
from: Better Homes and Garden
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, sliced
- 1 8-oz. tub light cream cheese spread with chive and onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh tarragon or 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon, crushed
- 8 oz. cooked boneless ham, cut in bite-sized slices
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut in 2 to 3-inch pieces
- Tarragon sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In medium saucepan cook potatoes, covered, in small amount of lightly salted boiling water 5 to 7 minutes, just until tender. Drain; transfer to bowl and set aside.
2. For sauce, in same saucepan combine cream cheese, milk, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Heat and whisk until smooth and cheese is melted. Remove from heat; stir in tarragon.
3. Layer potatoes, ham, asparagus, and sauce in 1-1/2-quart baking dish. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle remaining Parmesan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Top with tarragon and freshly ground black pepper. Serves 4.
COOK pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables to boiling pasta water for last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain. Return pasta and vegetables to cooking pot.
MEANWHILE, COMBINE evaporated milk, cheese, pesto and black pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
POUR cheese sauce over pasta and vegetables. Add ham; stir until combined.
Ham and Swiss Cheese Quiche
Quiche is a dish perfect for any meal of the day. A deep-dish pie shell filled with the delicious ingredients including savory ham, Swiss cheese and evaporated milk.Ingredients
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped, cooked ham
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
SPRINKLE 1/2 cup cheese, ham and green onions into pie shell. Whisk together evaporated milk, eggs, flour, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Pour mixture into pie shell; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
VARIATION: For a lattice-top quiche, use ready-made pie pastry for single crust pie. Cut pastry into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Lay pastry strips over filling in lattice-fashion, turning pastry over outside edge of dish. Bake as directed above.
FOR MINI-QUICHE APPETIZERS, use 1 1/2 packages (3 crusts) refrigerated pie crusts. Grease miniature muffin pans. Unfold crust on lightly floured surface. Cut fourteen 2 1/2-inch circles from each crust. Press 1 circle of dough into bottom and up sides of each cup. Repeat with remaining crusts. Combine cheese, ham, green onions, 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, 2 eggs (lightly beaten), 2 tablespoons flour, salt and black pepper in large bowl; mix well. Spoon mixture into crusts, filling 3/4 full. Bake in preheated 350° F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Cool slightly; lift quiche from cup with tip of knife. Serve warm or cool and freeze for later entertaining. Makes 3 1/2 dozen.