20 Simple Teacher Gifts
20 Simple Teacher Gifts
Looking for SIMPLE gifts to thank the Teachers in your child's life?
We asked both our Twitter Followers and our Facebook friends to help us compile a list of their REAL mom ideas and together we created a list of 20 SIMPLE ideas to use now and the many years ahead.
1. Complimentary Note To Administration - Write a letter to the building principal stating the positive experience your child has had with that particular teacher during the school year. These are the things that become part of the teachers file and possibly even forwarded to the Superintendent's office. It's nice to be appreciated by the parents!
2. School Supply Gift Certificates - To a book store (chain or local); an educational book store or learning warehouse. Teachers spend a lot of their own money on classroom supplies so this will be a welcomed gift.
3. YUMMY Gift certificate - For coffee at Starbucks or your local coffee shop or their favorite place to eat.
4. Potted Plants - Purchase a pot that possibly the entire class can sign, decorate or place their hand print on or even make finger print lady bugs all over it. then pot a nice plant in it for her to enjoy.
5. Books - A book to be used in the classroom. Inscribed with a note from the child.
A group idea would be to provide a bookshelf that the students all help paint and decorate then each can contribute a book to.
6. Magazine Subscription - National Geographic World (kids magazine), Ranger Rick, Highlights. Family Fun etc... If all of the kids participate this is only 1 or 2 dollars per child. You can also find gift certificates for magazines so the teacher can choose her own.
7. Board games - These are a great addition to the classroom and can be used year after year in the classroom -- Smath, Monopoly, Boggle, Scrabble, Pay Day, Jenga, Brain Quest, Manacala, Uno.
8. Hobbies - If you know that your teacher has a particular hobby or interest, gear the gift to that interest.
9. Group gift- Have all kids pitch in… to buy bigger gift. Do some investigating where does your teacher like to shop, eat out, type of entertainment such as theatre, movies etc.
10. Summer Theme Gift - ice cream scoop and hot fudge/ beach bag wit new beach towel.
11. Pamper Gift- a gift card/certificate for a manicure or pedicure at a local shop. Every teacher enjoys a bit of pampering to kick off the summer! or create a pamper me gift basket filled with polishes, socks, lotions etc.
12. Personalize Gift - for her life- beyond the classroom. Jewelry, a new shirt, item to ad to a collection she has etc.
13. Freezer Meals - Gift certificate to a local make ahead meals such as Dream Dinners.
14. Herb Garden - pots with herbs or a pot with basil , small bottle of balsamic vinegar, small bottle of olive oil, recipe card for tomato salad with basil.
15. Baked Pies - Bake a homemade pie or other baked goods.
16. Thinking Ahead - A new cute lunch tote, office/school supplies place in a basket . Investigate if she has things in her classroom that needs to be replaced or replenished.
17. Everyday Gift - Gift Certificate to local Target or Wal-Mart is EXTREMELY usable for both personal and their classroom.
18. Donation Gift - Donation to a cause of her interest.
19. CHOCOLATE - Do they have a favorite special chocolate they like Sees candy, Godiva etc. Treat them to 1lb of sweets.
20. Homemade - Cards and flowers picked from your garden are simple and almost FREE ..remember its the thought that counts not the amount of money we spend.