WIN: Casa di Bertacchi: “101 Things to do with Meatballs” cookbook
Innovative recipes bring family and friends together,and Casa Di Bertacchi© meatballs can become the centerpiece of far more meals than you'd think! And the best part for MOMS is SIMPLE meals
101 Things to do with Meatballs is packed with easy meatball recipes that make everyone feel like family-and now it's available nationwide! Get your copy today at Sam's Club, a local bookstore or Amazon. You'll find quick ideas for dinner, snacks, parties and more.
Written by New York Times best-selling author Stephanie Ashcraft, the cookbook features Casa Di Bertacchi© fully cooked meatballs, and like all the titles in her popular 101 series, it's filled with fast and simple ideas for families on the go. She includes recipes for everything from soups and salads to stews, pastas and rice dishes. In fact, you'll find so many ideas that you'll never wonder what to make again.
A mother of four, Stephanie has written more than a dozen cookbooks, but it all started with 101 Things to do with a Cake Mix. She put together this first recipe collection as a college project and later decided to print enough copies to give out as family Christmas presents. When the book took off, she and her husband assembled 5,000 books in their living room before partnering with a publisher.
Today Stephanie's books help bring countless families together around the table. She provides inspired food ideas that don't require hours in the kitchen. As she says, "Throw the flour on your face and pretend it took all day."Casa Di Bertacchi© meatballs trace their roots back to Mario Bertacchi©, who founded a small New Jersey meat market in the 1920s and expanded into meatballs roughly 40 years later.
Today they still make their family-recipe meatballs the original way. They're:
- Fully cooked to make every recipe faster
- Prepared with quality beef and real Italian ingredients
- 5/8 oz.—the perfect size for appetizers
- 1 oz.—the perfect size for dinner
Their meatballs are the focus of their business—not an afterthought. That means you'll find mouth-watering taste and quality in every bite.
Here is a fun recipe kids will love.
Mini Meatball Hamburgers
- 26 (1 lb) frozen Casa Di Bertacchi fully cooked meatballs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tbs Dijon honey mustard
- 26 (2-inch) rolls, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 1/2 cups sweet pickle relish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place meatballs in a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9-inch pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup and mustard.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of ketchup mixture on the bottom of roll. Place a meatball on top. Follow with a rounded teaspoon of pickle relish. Place top half of roll over top. Repeat for remaining meatballs and rolls.
- Serve immediately on a large platter.
Makes 26 appetizers.
Cheeseburger Variation: Place a small slice of cheddar cheese over each meatball.
WIN: 24/7 MOMS and Casa Di Bertacchi© are giving away one Casa di Bertacchi: “101 Things to do with Meatballs” cookbook.
Enter for your chance to win:
1. Become a 24/7 MOMS Subscriber Enter your email address below then leave a comment that you subscribed along with your email address.
US entries only and one entry per person. Winner will be chosen on February 28, 2010.
Your Turn: What is your favorite way to serve meatballs?